WINVIAN’S PROPRIETOR, SHARES HER TOP TEN REASONS ON WHY TO WANDER TO WINVIAN
Hills, CT, November 15, 2012 - With winter fast approaching,
so too does the urge to retreat to warm and cozy places and spaces.
Enter Winvian, the AAA “ten” Diamond** property in Connecticut’s Litchfield
Hills, which is celebrating its fifth birthday this year. In honor of
this year-long fete, Maggie Smith, Winvian’s proprietor, has created her top
ten list of experiences and activities that guests may enjoy at the property
when Old Man Winter comes to visit very soon. And here they are:
1) Awaken in the two story Tree House Cottage decked out with a steam shower,
Jacuzzi tub and wood burning fireplaces (and all the little things that make
tree houses so much fun!).
2) Tantalize your palate with a meal by award-winning Executive Chef Chris
Eddy that truly rivals those found in the best New York City restaurants. Winvian
is a dining destination!
3) Experience a “walking” massage while a Winvian Spa therapist performs deep
tissue Ashiatsu, which uses her foot pressure to ease out knots and tension.
4) Take over the cockpit flight controls AND sip fine wine at the same time
while staying in Helicopter Cottage - FAA approved only at Winvian!
5) Perfect the art of progressive American cuisine with Mediterranean
influences at the Cooking School at Winvian - perfect for couples as well as
6) Shower à deux in Stonehenge – yes, Connecticut Yankee Cottage (photo of
cottage above) features a romantic, watery version!
7) Putt a round of golf, complete with carpeted rough, in the midst of winter
inside Golf Cottage.
8) Snowshoe miles of untouched nature trails that border Winvian.
9) Savor honey from Chef Eddy’s on-site apiaries.
10) Count your lucky stars above – literally - as you drift to sleep in
Through the end of this year, guests may enjoy all of the above with “Maggie’s Special,”
a mid-week package in honor of Maggie Smith and Winvian’s birthday, with
nightly rates, including breakfast, starting at $549 per cottage. For
additional information on Winvian, “Maggie’s Special” and to book
reservations, please visit www.winvian.com or call 860-567-9600.
**Winvian is the recipient of two AAA Five Diamond Awards for dining and
# # #