We missed you. And we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to Winvian Farm when you’re ready to visit. Our team has been hard at work to adapt to the new normal and to make your visit not just relaxing and peaceful and gracious, but healthy and safe. We are following the latest guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Connecticut Department of Public Health, and from our luxury hotel partner Relais & Chateaux. As a first step, we are opening gradually and will limit guest and staff counts, practice social distancing, and eliminate threats wherever possible. We call this careful approach Pure Winvian. Below you will find details about steps we’re taking to make your stay a healthy and safe one.
The Ideal Social Distancing Getaway
We always thought our 113 acres was the perfect antidote to life in the city and suburbs. Now we know it is. Our 18 cottages and one master suite are spread across the property in a way that makes social distancing easy and natural. Your visit to Winvian will feel safe and secure. And because we are a private, gated property, we can easily manage the flow of guests and other visitors to protect your privacy and health.
Pure Winvian General Protocols
We look forward to welcoming you back (or for the first time). While your overall experience will be as joyful as usual, there are some changes you should expect, including:
- Guest room management that allows maximum time between guest stays.
- A modified arrivals process that follows social distancing guidelines, or contactless arrival and departure upon request.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the property.
- Suspended guest laundry and valet services.
- Temporarily suspended late checkouts and early arrivals.
Our Commitment to You
We are taking the following steps with our team to optimize safety:
- Team members pledge to behave responsibly, including staying home when they are ill.
- Wearing masks at all times and following recommended social distancing practices faithfully, including no-contact behaviors with guests (sadly, no more hugs or handshakes).
- Sanitizing surfaces rigorously and continuously.
- Frequently washing their hands and using hand sanitizer between washings.
- Conducting meetings virtually whenever possible.
- Reducing staff counts by promoting work-at-home (for support staff).
- No sharing of computers, phones and other office equipment.
- Maximizing natural ventilation in all spaces when practical.
Pure Winvian Housekeeping Protocols
We have always prided ourselves on maintaining a pristine environment for your enjoyment. Now we’re doubling down, with:
- Housekeeping staff who will wear full personal protective equipment when cleaning cottages.
- A single housekeeper per cottage (no teams).
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in all spaces, including cottages and public spaces, where we will conduct continual cleanings of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Morning make-up and light re-freshen as usual between 8 am and 2 pm, unless you choose to opt out.
- We have suspended evening turn-down service for now.
Pure Winvian Dining Protocols
We have taken important steps to keep you safe while dining, including:
- Reducing the number of tables in our dining rooms and minimizing wait staff while not sacrificing service levels.
- Offering paper menus, which we will recycle after each use.
- Expanding outdoor dining options, weather permitting.
- Offering in-cottage dining.
- Establishing strict table and chair cleaning protocols between guests’ seating.
- Limiting dining hours to allow for thorough disinfecting between meals.
Pure Winvian Spa & Pool Protocols
Note: The spa will remain closed during the early days of reopening so we can focus on health and safety protocols. We plan to reopen the spa just as soon as practical. Thank you for your understanding. The pool is open.
We understand that for many guests the Winvian spa and pool are the highlights for their visit. Here’s what we’re doing:
- Reconfiguring our spa to accommodate social distancing, including limiting the number of guests receiving treatments at any one time, and managing the flow of guests to minimize casual contact.
- Training spa staff and partners on proper spa etiquette in a Covid-19 world.
- Requiring personal protective equipment for all staff and partners during treatments.
- Access to the pool is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seating areas will be at least six feet apart. If all seating is occupied, the pool attendant will take your name and phone number. Once seating is available and the pool attendant has disinfected the area, we will reach out to you.
- The showers at the pool house and spa are closed but toilets are open.
- No pool-side food service for now.
Pure Winvian Activity Protocols
While we aim to make your visit as close to normal as possible, we have had to make some changes to guest activities, including:
- Limiting gym use to two guests at a time and disinfecting all equipment between visits.
- Pausing all guided group activities and focusing on individual or couple experiences like walking, hiking, biking and fly fishing. Rest assured, there’s plenty to do.
- Pausing cooking and other classes for now.
What We Ask of You
If before your visit you are not feeling well and show any symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell), please stay home and stay safe. We will happily re-book your stay. If during your stay, you fall ill, we request that you seek immediate medical attention and notify us. We ask that you wear a mask whenever you enter public buildings on the property, for your safety and that of our team.
Thank you. We look forward to your visit.