Things have been busy at Winvian Farm, and we have you to thank for that! It is exciting to see places reopen and encouraging to know life is returning to normal. As state and federal restrictions lift, we want you to know that we still take COVID-19 seriously. Our team follows the latest guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
The Ideal Social Distancing Getaway
We always thought our farm was the perfect escape. Now we know for sure. Our 18 cottages and one master suite are spread across 113 acres in a way that makes social distancing easy and natural. Your visit to Winvian will feel safe and secure. Our secluded property is gated, allowing us to easily manage the flow of guests and visitors to protect your privacy, health, and wellbeing.
Welcome and enjoy your stay! Rest easy knowing our protocols are evidence-based and regularly updated. Below are a few details about changes made since the pandemic:
- Check-in is at 4pm and check-out at 11am. Early arrival and late departure are suspended to leave as much time as possible for cleaning and sanitizing between guest stays.
- Socially distanced check-in is standard. Contactless arrival and departure available upon request.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the property.
- Puraclenz technology in all common areas to ensure clean air quality.
Our Commitment to You
The team optimizes health and safety, by:
- Pledging to behave responsibly, to include staying home when ill.
- Wear a mask and follow recommended social distancing guidelines, including no-contact behaviors with guests or each other (sadly, no more hugs nor handshakes).
- Regularly sanitize surfaces.
- Frequently wash hands and use hand sanitizer between washings.
- Limit the sharing of computers, phones, and other office equipment.
- Maximize natural ventilation in all spaces, where practical.
Providing a pristine environment is our top priority. We commit to these measures:
• Housekeeping staff wear masks and gloves when cleaning cottages.
• Enhanced property-wide cleaning protocols, to include cottages and public spaces – where we thoroughly sanitize high-contact surfaces throughout the day.
• Morning make up available between 8 and 11am, unless you choose to opt out.
The restaurant follows these important steps to keep you safe while dining:
- Expand outdoor dining options, weather permitting.
- Offer single-use paper menus and recycle each day.
- Deliver meals as room service for in-cottage dining.
- Limit dining hours to allow for thorough disinfecting between meals.
Pure Winvian Spa & Pool Protocols
The pool and spa are highlights for many guests. We adhere to the following:
- Masks worn by all at the spa. Exceptions include guests receiving facials and when lying in prone position during a massage.
- PPE worn by staff during treatments. Extra precautions taken during facials.
- Outdoor seating and massages, weather permitting – based on availability.
- Access to pool seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If all seating is occupied, the pool attendant will record your name and phone number. Once seating is available and the pool attendant has disinfected the area, we will reach out to you.
- Limited pool menu and drink service available from 12-2pm daily. Ice cream available from 12-4pm daily.
Pure Winvian Activity Protocols
Activities are a fun and memorable way to enjoy your stay. Below are a few precautions:
- Mixology and wine tastings are on hold for now.
- We clean and disinfect all equipment three times per day. Private use available upon request. Contact the Front Desk to reserve.
What We Ask of You
If before your visit you are feeling unwell and show any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, body aches, loss of taste or smell, etc.), please remain home and stay safe. We will happily reschedule your stay. If during your stay, you fall ill, we request that you notify us and seek immediate medical attention. We no longer require you to wear a mask while visiting, either as a house guest or a restaurant guest.
Thank you for all the support! Stay safe, be well, and we look forward to your visit.
– The Winvian Family